Stacy's Snippets

02 June 2005

There's a moth in our house!


And I was really excited when I noticed her! LOL We've been raising silkworms and the first moth has emerged from her cocoon. How do I know that she's a female? Well, she's already laid some eggs and she's missing the feathery antennae that the males have. Grant's really excited to see the first moth. Obviously watching six cocoons sitting around in toilet paper tubes for two weeks is not high entertainment even for preschoolers.
Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

  • Ew, that is SO creeping me out! Even though I know it's fairly small (small enough to fit in a toilet paper roll), it just looks GIGANTIC on my monitor which freaks me out. When I lived in the Phillippines, the boys at my bus stop would catch these giant moths (8" wingspan), tie a string around their bodies and chase us girls with these living kites! Echh, this is making me shudder just remembering it!!

    By Blogger ZeeLV, at 6/02/2005 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home