Stacy's Snippets

06 June 2005

The force is strong with this one

I finally gave in and let Grant watch Star Wars (Episode 4: A New Hope) since I saw it when I was about his age. He's obsessed with the movie now and his obsession has probably reached about the level of my childhood obsession with Star Wars. Every stick has become a light saber. The noises I'm hearing suggest that R2 is accompanying Grant everywhere he goes. Each night before falling asleep, Grant re-enacts scenes from the movies. It seems to be his version of counting sheep. And the most frequent announcement in our house is "I WANT TO BE A JEDI KNIGHT!"

But I have to wonder if I understood quite so little of the movies the first time I saw them. Grant continues to call C-3PO "that gold guy" even though I continually correct him. Then while watching the Empire Strikes Back and Luke is standing on one hand lifting various things around Yoda's camp...

Grant: Dad, how is Luke doing that?!? It's magic!
Dad: No, he's using the force.
Grant: What's the force?
Dad: Well... that's what they call magic in this movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home