Actually Doonesbury
I have to admit that I don't read Doonesbury all that regularly anymore. For some reason today's strip caught my eye and I'm glad it did. See actually is a very big word in our house. I never realized quite how often Glayde used it until Grant started mimicking him and using actually in his running commentary.
It's not uncommon in our house to hear Grant announce....
Actually I want peanut butter and jelly for lunch.
Actually Darth Vader is Luke's father.
Mommy, actually I paused off my show.
Who knew a 4 year old would be that concerned about convincing me that I had the latest inside information. I'd actually prefer a little peace and quiet instead.
It's not uncommon in our house to hear Grant announce....
Actually I want peanut butter and jelly for lunch.
Actually Darth Vader is Luke's father.
Mommy, actually I paused off my show.
Who knew a 4 year old would be that concerned about convincing me that I had the latest inside information. I'd actually prefer a little peace and quiet instead.

2 Comments:
Actually, I haven't read Doonesbury in ages either...and how appropriate this one happened to be!
Actually, I tend to say "actually" quite a bit, especially at work. It comes in handy when lying to/updating the boss. "Actually, that was next on my agenda to complete. No, really!"
And one of the cutest chick flix I've seen in awhile? "Love Actually" which has a whole slew of celebs. Fun, emotional movie. Check it out when you actually have time.
By
ZeeLV, at 6/21/2005 12:52 AM
Actually I think I've heard it used 20 times a day when Glayde was growing up. Maybe a slight exageration. mom
By
Anonymous, at 6/23/2005 5:08 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home