Stacy's Snippets

13 July 2005

What did he just eat!?!?

If you've had dinner with me and the boys recently you know how limited Heath's food choices are. I'd swear he's on the Anti-Atkins diet. It's all carbs all the time. Okay and some fruit too. He used to eat more things than this but somewhere along the line his 2 year old personality decided that he needed more control and that meant less variety.

Today after a trip to the pool, we brought McD home for lunch. Grant love's Happy Meals for more than the toys, but Heath mainly sticks to tons of fries. As the eternal optimistic mom I slipped a small piece of Chicken Selects onto Heath's plate. When I checked his plate a few minutes later, the chicken had disappeared. I surreptitiously check around his chair thinking he probably just dropped it. Well, I don't see any evidence of littering and our cats do not patrol the dinner table looking for hand-outs, so I'm rather confused about where the chicken went. To follow this experiment to it's conclusion, I put another small piece of chicken on his plate and watch intently this time. Heath blithely picked up the tidbit and ATE IT! Holy cow, what's wrong with this child! A piece of chicken has not passed his lips in at least 6 months! Heath proceeded to wolf down about half a Chicken Select. Sheesh, if I'd known this would happen I would have bought a bigger meal.

Tune in tomorrow for more news flashes on the food experiments happening at our house. Will Heath finally eat a hot dog? Will he decide that pizza isn't so bad after all? Or will we fall back on our all stand by... PB&J? Only time will tell.

2 Comments:

  • hahahaha The way you ended your blog like an "old time" cliffhanger was just perfect! Yay for you to follow through with your experiment and get the little munchkin to eat protein! hahaha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/14/2005 10:33 AM  

  • LOL! I like the cliffhanger too. After reading the next entry, I'm very sorry the chicken wasn't as well received by his body as you would've liked. His body was in shock after all those fries! It didn't know what to do with all that chicken. LOL!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/14/2005 5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home