Stacy's Snippets

21 June 2005

Customer Service is NOT dead!

Today didn't turn out at all like I had hoped it would but there were some nice surprises in store. Instead of the boys and I hanging out at the pool and having a sack lunch at the gym, the cool, overcast morning forced me to change my plans. After Grant's swim lessons, we did a little shopping at Target. Then I treated the boys to lunch at McDonald's. I swear Grant loves their crappy happy meals for more than just the crappy toys. Heath just loves anywhere that serves french fries. As we stand in line and order our food, I'm trying to keep Heath under control. At 2, the boy has no concept of how to stand in line or even just stay close to Mommy instead he wants to do everything on his terms not mine. UGH! I finally end up picking him up to keep some unsuspecting person from trampling him while we wait for our food. As the manager finishes adding the coveted french fries to our tray, he looks at me and my dynamic duo and then turns to one of his employees and says, "Arturo, please help this lady to her table." I was floored! Customer Service at McD!! I'm lovin' it! (I sorry I just couldn't resist that one.) And God bless Arturo for so nicely helping me get lunch to our table.

Oh by the way, Grant's swimming lessons are going great. He's willingly putting his face in the water and he doesn't even want his goggles. Today he volunteered to be the first kid to float on his stomach. Maybe this time he'll actually make it out of the Preschool 1 class. Hey, we've got to dream.

5 Comments:

  • Isn't it great? That feeling that you get inside when a complete stranger does something really nice for you I mean. And at McD's no less! I love reading people's blogs and just hearing about everyday experiences like that. Reminds me that not EVERYbody in the world is a complete...uhmmmm...well, you get the picture right? (grin) But Stacy...."I'm lovin it"....arrggggghhhhhhh!!!! Now that freakin jingle is stuck in my head!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/21/2005 6:05 PM  

  • You know, we are frequent visitors of McD's and I vaguely remember someone asking me if I needed help one time. I wonder if that's in the new employee manual - "If you see a stressed out mother of boys, help her, immediately".

    By Blogger lynne, at 6/21/2005 9:01 PM  

  • Ok-so I just have to say.. what a nice mom that you took your kids there! We have a "rule" in our house, that you can only go IN McD's when Grandma is visiting... helps the constant can we go? can we go?.... (Grandma lives 25 hours away)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/21/2005 9:42 PM  

  • OK! I didn't know you had a blog!!!! BRAT!!!! LOL! Now I can keep up with your day to day stuff. MC D's is popular here with a few people, and for the life of me I don't know why. I just don't like the food! (OK-I like the apple pies! There I said it!) Anyway, you gotta love Arturo. CS is such a rare treat most of the time!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/23/2005 12:31 AM  

  • hey Stacy I really love reading about the boys .Have an interesting summer.See all of you soon. mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/23/2005 5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home