Stacy's Snippets

29 September 2005

On the loose

Well, it's been a hectic couple of weeks and I've fallen off the blog wagon. Watch out I'm jumping back on! What prompted this renewed energy in blogging? Grant lost his first tooth!

It's been a moment months (or maybe I should say years) in the making. Both boys got cut their teeth early. Grant getting his first teeth at 3 1/2 months old seemed so momentous. Maybe because he's my first child, maybe because it happened in the first days for the "hanging chad recount" controversy or maybe because it was one of the milestones that I missed. Yep, I was on business trip the day my baby cut his first two teeth and had to hear about it over a crappy cell phone connection in a steak house in Vegas.

Back to the more recent past, several of Grant's teeth have been wiggling since at least July. In the past two weeks things have gotten much more interesting. When checking to see how much his teeth wiggled one night we noticed that his new bottom front incisors were already poking through the gums behind his baby teeth. Yep, my kid has shark teeth. I'm pretty sure that his top front teeth are on the move too as the baby tooth has been pushed down lower than its neighbor. His smile is definitely getting reminiscent of a jack-o-lantern and wouldn't you know it today was picture day at school. Oh well, at least his school picture will be pure Grant.

Off to await the arrival of the tooth fairy!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home