Stacy's Snippets

03 August 2005

Mystery No Longer

Well, I gave in and took Heath back to see the doctor about this viral rash that won't go away. It's been a little over a week since it first showed up and it's showing signs of leaving anytime soon. I just haven't been taking Heath out and about all the much due to it. I was worried that it might really be contagious and we'd infect most of the town.

After consulting a couple of dermatology books the doctor decided that the rash is Gianotti-Crosti syndrome. Basically it's a rash that can be triggered by a viral infection like hepatitis B or Epstein-Barr. The rash itself is NOT contagious and typical appears in children 9 months to 15 years old. The average age of patients is 2 years old (surprise surprise!). And the rash can last 2 - 8 weeks! Thank God we went back to the doctor this week instead of waiting until next week when I would have been really freaked out that he STILL had this rash.

The funniest part of the this whole thing... I have a second cousin whose married name is Gianotti. Too strange. Now back to the land of tantrums and scribbling on inappropriate things.

4 Comments:

  • I'm glad they finally gave this thing a name! Hang in there! Poor lil guys gonna have to wear long pants out in public for awhile!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/03/2005 10:06 PM  

  • Poor little guy! Least now you know what it is~I'd have been freaking out too!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/04/2005 6:48 AM  

  • Okay, I think that it's great that the doc figured out what this rash is, but does it have to have such a big name?! I hope it's gone soon--for Heath's sake and yours.

    By Blogger Pam Healy, at 8/04/2005 2:02 PM  

  • what a relief! now at least you know what it is, and that it is not contaigious!

    By Blogger TheCatLord, at 8/06/2005 1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home