Stacy's Snippets

25 July 2005

Big Party Weekend

We had a very hectic weekend. Grant's birthday party was on Saturday, so most of Friday was spent getting ready for the party. Saturday was all about the party and Sunday was recovering from the party and saying goodbye to the grandparents and one aunt who had all come out to celebrate with our monster. Here are a few things that I learned over the weekend.

  • Your sink will spring a major leak the day you have to bake the birthday cake.
  • A 2 year old can operate a 5MP digital camera but the pictures won't be great.
  • Most kids today do NOT need more toys especially toys that make lots of noise.
  • Really hot weather makes everyone in our town want to eat out for dinner.
  • Playing board games with a 5 year old can be almost as exciting as watching paint dry.
  • A nap never sounds so good as when Mom and Dad are taking you out to dinner.
  • All it takes is one Power Ranger birthday card to restart the PR obsession.

Overall it was a great weekend and the boys loved seeing all the family that came to visit. But today it's back to just me and the monsters. I hope I can keep them entertained until my back up gets home. Just a couple more hours now.... woohoo!

8 Comments:

  • hahahahahahahaha Oh man you made me howl! Two year olds can take photos, hey? hahahaha Love the part about the toys too... that can include dog toys! hehehe Oh you're a wit! Happy Belated Birthday to Grant!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/25/2005 4:32 PM  

  • LOL!! I think you mispelled "board games." It should be "BORED games." Blagh!

    By Blogger ZeeLV, at 7/25/2005 10:30 PM  

  • LOL Stacy! As always you make me laugh! Love the part about the paint drying! I can so relate! LOL!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/26/2005 12:13 AM  

  • The best thing about giving a gift to someone else's child is that it can be one that makes either all sorts of noises, or the same noise over and over. And it drives the parents nuts!
    I hope you were able to have some fun along the way too...

    By Blogger Pam Healy, at 7/26/2005 6:01 AM  

  • Well you definitely had an exciting weekend! LOL

    Glad things are getting back to normal for you, :)

    By Blogger Becki, at 7/26/2005 9:17 AM  

  • We had the greatest time. So enjoyed seeing your mom & dad. The boys were so much fun.I thought everything went very well. Thanks so much for having us there.
    Mom & Juleen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/26/2005 9:31 PM  

  • So WHO gave them the noise toys? I ask because my sister gave my own children every obnoxious thing available before SHE had children. I mean really, does any household need TWO Fisher Price Marching Band Sets? Sheesh! I know make a concentrated effort to see to at that any toy given by Aunt Pattie makes a sound that is capable of reducing my sister to a quivering mass. What I'm asking here Miss Stacy is...did you do something to DESERVE this in your past? LOL!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/27/2005 3:19 PM  

  • Good to know, dude. Good to know. :)

    love, me <><

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/29/2005 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home