Mr. Mischief
This is the face of an unrepentant mischief maker or maybe just a self reliant chef. I've been giving Heath a little more liberty around the house and this is how he repays me.... He's hungry and instead of coming and asking mommy for a snack, he goes into the kitchen and makes himself a snack. He grabs a donut out of the box and empties the last of the raisins on to the coffee table. Of course he needs some utensils to go with his finger foods, so he grabs the spoon he used at lunchtime for his yogurt and has a little snack party in the family room.When I found out about this little party I sent him to his room to think about what he'd done. What else is a mother to do with a 2 year old who doesn't do time outs. He'll kick, scream, thrash around; all so he doesn't have to sit in the timeout chair. So instead he's banished to his room which does oddly disturb him. Today on the way to his room he noticed that I left the computer unattended and unlocked, so why not stop and send someone an email?!?
This whole episode has taught me to never leave my computer unattended and unlock even if I'm am just making a break for the bathroom. Plus I shouldn't expect Heath to leave things on the counter. Evidently to him that's an invitation to go exploring or try out his culinary creativity.
You all might be wondering why I haven't blogged much in the last week. Well, Heath has a mystery rash that has kept us rather house bound of my own volition. He's been to the doctor and they say it's just a rash caused by a virus. Nope not a popular virus like varicella or rubella. Just some unnamed virus. The doctor assured me that Heath wasn't contagious now but I still haven't felt like dragging him out in public too much just in case he is infecting others. So after spending 3 days last week stuck in the house and a weekend without much of anything fun happening, I'm not in the most festive of blogging moods.
With any luck this week will be better. Or least I can keep telling myself that.

2 Comments:
LOL! How can you be mad at that little face? Even though he was mischievous, he's so darn cute! Glad you got a photo. You'll laugh when he's all grown up!
By
Anonymous, at 8/01/2005 8:40 PM
hahaha I love that you stopped to take the photo! haha Oh I'm so glad that you found out about the rash so it will put your mind at ease!
By
Anonymous, at 8/04/2005 7:28 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home