Morning with the boys
This morning we all managed to sleep in a little even Glayde who seemed to have not set his alarm for work. I'm enjoying the boys sleeping in a little this week with the hope that Grant will be in morning kindergarten next week and I will be dropping him off at 8:25 each morning. I say hope because we don't know what time, class, teacher or room, Grant will be in until Friday evening when the school officially posts all the class lists. This is a bit of stress for me because I just can't plan for babysitting swaps, classes, appointments or just about anything for next month without knowing if Grant is in the morning class or one of the afternoon classes.
Back to this morning, Grant snuggled in bed with me and started discussing life, the universe and everything else he could think of. Heath popped in with a demand to have his shoes put on even though he was still in his pajamas. I was pleasantly sucked into Grant's discussion about "wanting to grow up and be big really fast". I tried to impart the wisdom of living in the moment, enjoying what you have now. I mentioned that as a kid there are so many fun things to do. Kindergarten is starting soon. There's Halloween and Christmas soon to follow. There's lots of little fun outings in between. What was he looking forward to growing up for?!? Evidently having kids and becoming a grandfather. I guess that's a testament to how fun we make parenting look but boy is that a strange ambition.
About this time I realize that I can't hear Heath playing in his room and maybe I should get out of bed and see what he's getting into. As I walk down the hall I notice that the gate at the top of stairs is unlatched and wide open... the possibilities of what Heath's doing downstairs are staggering. This child is independant and likes to make concoctions of toilet paper and liquid soap in the bathroom. He likes to color on anything from doors to chairs to random toys when he can't find a piece of paper to his liking. This morning my little self starter decided to make his own breakfast. Luckily he can't open the refridgerator door or it could have been worse. He snagged a cup of water, that thankfully had a lid and a straw in it, and the ziploc bag of graham crackers and was having a little breakfast in the family room. Heath amazes me with his ability to take care of himself maybe that's why he thinks talking is overrated.
Back to this morning, Grant snuggled in bed with me and started discussing life, the universe and everything else he could think of. Heath popped in with a demand to have his shoes put on even though he was still in his pajamas. I was pleasantly sucked into Grant's discussion about "wanting to grow up and be big really fast". I tried to impart the wisdom of living in the moment, enjoying what you have now. I mentioned that as a kid there are so many fun things to do. Kindergarten is starting soon. There's Halloween and Christmas soon to follow. There's lots of little fun outings in between. What was he looking forward to growing up for?!? Evidently having kids and becoming a grandfather. I guess that's a testament to how fun we make parenting look but boy is that a strange ambition.
About this time I realize that I can't hear Heath playing in his room and maybe I should get out of bed and see what he's getting into. As I walk down the hall I notice that the gate at the top of stairs is unlatched and wide open... the possibilities of what Heath's doing downstairs are staggering. This child is independant and likes to make concoctions of toilet paper and liquid soap in the bathroom. He likes to color on anything from doors to chairs to random toys when he can't find a piece of paper to his liking. This morning my little self starter decided to make his own breakfast. Luckily he can't open the refridgerator door or it could have been worse. He snagged a cup of water, that thankfully had a lid and a straw in it, and the ziploc bag of graham crackers and was having a little breakfast in the family room. Heath amazes me with his ability to take care of himself maybe that's why he thinks talking is overrated.

2 Comments:
LOL! Cute post! I love when my kids get into "deep" conversations with me. I'm amazed at how their little brains think sometimes! Glad H decided to go easy on you, and not cook pancakes and bacon. LOL! (Hey I was a good mommy today, that's what I made this morning!LOL)
By
Anonymous, at 8/24/2005 6:27 PM
Well you can't accuse the little guy of not being resourceful, LOL!
By
ZeeLV, at 8/27/2005 9:12 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home