On the GO!

Several weeks back Glayde offered to take me shopping so I could pick out something nice for myself. He was feeling bad about having to travel so much lately for work and at one point leaving me alone with the boys for 9 days straight. I'm not above capitalizing on his guilt but I am sure that he envisioned me buying a nice outfit or maybe some jewelry. Heck no! I want toys!!!
This weekend I got a Tomtom Go 700, car navigation system. Hey, I'm a self proclaimed techno geek and not a girly girl, so the choice makes sense. It even makes my dad, a retired geography teacher, proud and itching to try it out himself on his next visit.
We tried it out yesterday on our trip to the Lawrence Hall of Science to see the "Big Dinos". I rarely go to Berkeley so it was a trip I could really use the Tomtom on. It was fun being verbally directed to your destination and having a great on screen visual of the road ahead and how far to your next turn. The one negative I found was the odd echo that developed in our backseat. Whenever Bonnie, my voice of choice for the Tomtom, would inform me of an upcoming turn "In 400 yards turn left then bear right" a little voice from behind me would pipe up with the directions. I guess Grant just wanted to make sure that I didn't miss a turn.
With Bonnie's help and Grant's echo, we made it safely to the museum and back. I'll have to look and see if I ended up with any good pictures of the boys and the dinos and post them later. Now where off to a new park with a little direction from Bonnie.
**photo courtesy of CNet.com**

4 Comments:
Ah, a girl after my own heart! I'm such a gadget geek too, LOL! In fact, not only have I inherited the GPS that I got DH for Valentine's Day a couple years ago, but I also have snagged his XM radio for my car! Now he's asking what I want for Christmas...I'm seriously thinking Ipod and/or a DVR. :)
By
ZeeLV, at 10/24/2005 11:57 AM
What a good toy From someone who used to get lost if I went amile from home I appreciate the use of such a device.Sounds like a lot of fun. Love Mom
By
Anonymous, at 10/24/2005 8:27 PM
Oh yeah! I'm so happy for you Miss S! Yes-i'm looking at blogs. I'm trying to catch up, and I MIGHT start doing mine again!
By
Anonymous, at 10/28/2005 9:03 PM
Man alive I am so jealous!
I have absolutely no sense of direction, so this is one toy that would make my life easier!
By
Anonymous, at 11/19/2005 8:52 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home